The entertainment industry is full of A-listers who command huge salaries. From actors and actresses to musicians and athletes, these celebrities are some of the richest people in the world. Here is a look at the highest-paid entertainers in 2018.
Forbes magazine released its annual list of the world’s highest-paid celebrities on July 11, 2018. The list is based on estimated earnings from June 1, 2017 to June 1, 2018 before taxes and fees. Forbes takes into account upfront pay, profit participation, residuals, endorsements, and advertising work.
The entertainment industry is full of A-listers who command huge salaries for their work in front of the camera. But which entertainers are raking in the most cash? Here are the top 10 highest-paid entertainers in the world, according to Forbes.
1. Floyd Mayweather – $285 million Mayweather is not only the highest-paid entertainer in the world, but he’s also the highest-paid athlete. The boxing champ earned a whopping $285 million last year, thanks largely to his record-breaking fight against Conor McGregor.
2. George Clooney – $239 million Clooney took home a massive payday when he sold his tequila company, Casamigos, for $1 billion last year. He also has several lucrative endorsement deals and starred in two movies: “Suburbicon” and “Money Monster.”
3. Kylie Jenner – $166.5 million At just 20 years old, Jenner is already one of the richest celebrities in the world. She made her fortune through her popular cosmetics line, Kylie Cosmetics, as well as various endorsement deals and reality television appearances.
Who are the Highest-Paid Entertainers
The highest-paid entertainers in the world are a diverse group of people, ranging from athletes to actors to musicians. Here is a look at some of the richest entertainers in the world and how they make their money. Athletes:
There are many athletes who earn millions of dollars per year through their salaries, endorsements, and prize money. The highest-paid athlete in the world is currently Floyd Mayweather, who made $285 million in 2015 alone. Other top-earning athletes include Lionel Messi ($81.4 million), Cristiano Ronaldo ($79.6 million), and LeBron James ($77.2 million).
Actors: Hollywood actors can command huge salaries for their work in films and on television. The highest-paid actor in 2015 was Dwayne Johnson, who earned $64.5 million thanks to his roles in movies like San Andreas and Fast & Furious 7.
Other top-earning actors include Vin Diesel ($47 million), Jennifer Lawrence ($52 million), and Melissa McCarthy ($23 million). Musicians: Musicians also earn a lot of money through album sales, concert tickets, and merchandise sales.
The highest-paid musician in 2015 was Taylor Swift, who earned $73.5 million thanks to her successful 1989 World Tour and various endorsement deals. Other top-earning musicians include One Direction ($130 million), Garth Brooks ($90 million), and Madonna($125 Million).
How Much Do They Make
How Much Do They Make? This is a question that we get asked a lot, so we decided to do a little research and find out! Here are the top 10 highest-paid YouTubers (according to Forbes) in 2018:
1. Daniel Middleton (AKA DanTDM) – $16.5 million 2. Jeffree Star – $10 million 3. Markiplier – $9.5 million
4. PewDiePie – $9 million 5. Jacksepticeye – $8 million 6. VanossGaming – $7 million
What Does Their Income Come from
It’s no secret that the vast majority of Congressmen and women are wealthy. In fact, according to a recent study, the median net worth of a member of the House of Representatives is $929,000, while the median net worth of a Senator is an impressive $2.63 million. So where does all this money come from?
For many members of Congress, their wealth comes from inherited wealth or investments. Others have made their money in business or through lucrative book deals. But whatever their source of income, one thing is clear: our representatives in Washington are far richer than the average American citizen.
So what does this mean for our democracy? Some argue that having such wealthy politicians makes it difficult for them to relate to the everyday concerns of most Americans. Others point out that many successful businessmen and women have been able to use their wealth to create jobs and boost the economy.
Ultimately, it’s up to each individual voter to decide whether they believe being wealthy makes someone more or less qualified to serve in Congress.
The post looks at the top 10 highest-paid entertainers in the world. These are mainly people who have made their money through music or movies. The list includes people like Taylor Swift, Kylie Jenner, and Dwayne Johnson.
It is interesting to see how much money these people are making and what they are doing with it.